[BioC] biomaRt and Ensembl probe set filter....

Laurent Gautier laurent at cbs.dtu.dk
Mon Jan 26 19:44:18 CET 2009

Jesper Ryge wrote:
> hi james

One way to do this is to throw away the probes believed to be irrelevant
very early in the analysis, and build new probeset descriptions (aka
alternative CDF environments) based on sequence similarity.

You'll find relatively easily bibliographic references where this is
shown to improve results for Affymetrix arrays.

There is also an earlier thread on the topic:
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/bioconductor/2006-January/011474.html

L.