[BioC] Error in BioMart and wormbase

Vinuela, Ana ana.vinuela at wur.nl
Tue Jan 27 17:45:30 CET 2009

Dear all,

I've been experience a problem with BioMart when I tried to access
wormbase. I am getting an error when I tried to use a specific dataset
(wormbase_gene). This problem do not exist when I access any other
dataset from wormbase. Besides, few months ago a used this code without
problems.

> library(biomaRt)
> wormbase = useMart("wormbase_current", dataset = "wormbase_gene")
Checking attributes and filters ...Error in if (xmlGetAttr(xml,
"displayType") == "list" && type != "boolean") options =
parseOptions(xml) :
  missing value where TRUE/FALSE needed

> listDatasets(wormbase)
                dataset        description version
1        wormbase_paper              Paper
2         wormbase_gene               Gene
3 wormbase_anatomy_term       Anatomy Term
4 wormbase_expr_pattern Expression Pattern
5      wormbase_go_term            GO Term
6         wormbase_rnai               RNAi
7    wormbase_phenotype          Phenotype
8    wormbase_variation          Variation

> wormbase = useMart("wormbase_current", dataset = "wormbase_paper")
Checking attributes and filters ... Ok

I will appreciate any help.

Ana.

##############################
> sessionInfo()
R version 2.8.0 (2008-10-20)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
LC_COLLATE=Dutch_Netherlands.1252;LC_CTYPE=Dutch_Netherlands.1252;LC_MON
ETARY=Dutch_Netherlands.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=Dutch_Netherlands.1252

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] biomaRt_1.16.0

[1] RCurl_0.91-0 XML_1.94-0.1