[BioC] Error in BioMart and wormbase

Vinuela, Ana ana.vinuela at wur.nl
Wed Jan 28 09:17:36 CET 2009

Problem solved,

Thank you Steffen.

Ana.

-----Original Message-----
From: steffen at stat.Berkeley.EDU [mailto:steffen at stat.Berkeley.EDU]
Sent: woensdag 28 januari 2009 6:38
To: Vinuela, Ana
Cc: bioconductor at stat.math.ethz.ch
Subject: Re: [BioC] Error in BioMart and wormbase

Dear Ana,

It looks like there is a problem with the XML configuration file for
that dataset.  If you upgrade to using the dev version of biomaRt
(http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.4/bioc/html/biomaRt.html) you should
be fine for this dataset, as that version does not depend on this XML
file anymore.

worbase_gene works for me see below:

> library(biomaRt)
>
> wormbase = useMart("wormbase_current", dataset = "wormbase_gene")

Checking attributes ... ok
Checking filters ... ok

> att = listAttributes(wormbase)
> att[1:10,]
                name                          description
1            species                              Species
2               gene                           Gene WB ID
3      sequence_name                 Sequence Name (Gene)
4        public_name                     Gene Public Name
5                cds                  Sequence Name (CDS)
6           cgc_name                        Gene CGC Name
7         transcript           Sequence Name (Transcript)
8        name_dmlist                  Gene Names (merged)
9         cds_dmlist        Sequence Names (CDS) (merged)
10 transcript_dmlist Sequence Names (Transcript) (merged)

> sessionInfo()
\R version 2.8.0 (2008-10-20)
powerpc-apple-darwin8.11.1

locale: