[BioC] RefSeq summary from biomaRt

Gad Abraham gabraham at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Thu Jul 2 02:32:23 CEST 2009

On 26/6/09 7:00 PM, Sean Davis wrote:

> Hi, Gad.  I'm not sure what your goal is for looking for such genes, but
> I think it likely that nearly all genes undergo alternative splicing
> under the right conditions, so any gene that has multiple transcripts in
> a database like RefSeq (or Ensembl) is likely to be a viable candidate.
> See here for details, as an example.
>
> http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v456/n7221/full/nature07509.html
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> Sean

Thank for the reference, Sean.

My intention was to find which genes on an Affymetrix microarray are
known to have multiple protein isoforms, in order to decide what to do
with the issue of having multiple probesets per gene. Some probesets
have very different expression patterns and it doesn't really make sense
to consider them as belonging to one gene.

Cheers,
Gad

--
Gad Abraham