[BioC] golubEsets on Windows/Vista

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Sun Jul 5 21:15:54 CEST 2009

Hi Gary --

Gary Lipton wrote:
> I would like to use golubEsets on the Windows version of R (2.9.1) under
> Vista. I have no difficulty running under Linux. Here is what I get in
> Windows:
>> library(golubEsets)
> Welcome to Bioconductor
>   Vignettes contain introductory material. To view, type
>   'openVignette()'. To cite Bioconductor, see
>   'citation("Biobase")' and for packages 'citation(pkgname)'.
>
>> data(golubTrain)
> Warning message:
> In data(golubTrain) : *data set 'golubTrain' not found*

I get

> data(golubTrain)
Warning message:
'golubTrain' is deprecated.
Use 'Golub_Train' instead.
See help("Deprecated")

which means that, in the 2.9.1 version of golubEsets, 'golubTrain' is
marked as deprecated and will, in 2.10.0, disappear in favor of
'Golub_Train'. So my speculation is that your Windows installation has
an incorrect version of the golubEsets package (and perhaps others?)
installed. This is not a good situation, and if true it would pay to
identify how this has occurred (perhaps you set up a library path that
is, inadvertently, shared by all R installations?) and correcting.

Here's my session info, what's yours?

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.9.1 (2009-06-26)
i386-pc-mingw32

locale:
LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252;LC_CTYPE=English_United
States.1252;LC_MONETARY=English_United
States.1252;LC_NUMERIC=C;LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] golubEsets_1.4.5 Biobase_2.4.1

[1] tools_2.9.1