[BioC] golubEsets on Windows/Vista

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Mon Jul 6 00:38:44 CEST 2009

Hi Gary -

Gary Lipton wrote:
> Martin:
>
> Here is my session info. I have tried using golubEsets 1.4.5 with the
> Golub_Train name, but I get the same result. As you can see from the
> output of data(package="golubEsets"), the data set is in fact named
> golubTrain, not Golub_Train.

Your version of golubEsets is 1.0, mine (installed using biocLite this
morning, to R 2.9.1 and a Windows XP machine) is 1.4.5. Have you tried
reinstalling golubEsets (using biocLite('golubEsets'))) or better
updating golubEsets (and other packages), e.g., in a new session

  source('http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R')
  update.packages(repos=biocinstallRepos(), ask=TRUE)

> It seems to be a difference between the command-line version of R
> (actually, I was using Mac OS X, not Linux) and the GUI version. The
> command-line version works exactly as expected.

Command line and GUI will generally not differ at all in these kinds of
things -- they are just different interfaces to the same underlying
engine. You are on physically different computers, and most likely they
have different versions of software packages installed. This is why
sessionInfo() can be helpful in tracking down discrepancies.

Martin