[BioC] some questions about RNAi hit selection

Rajarshi Guha rajarshi.guha at gmail.com
Mon Jul 6 01:24:43 CEST 2009

On Jul 2, 2009, at 6:50 PM, Thomas Hampton wrote:

> Other people may not view your results the same way, and they may need
> independent verification of your effect in some other test, at test
> that would
> not suffer from the same sort of multiple hypothesis burden as your
> initial screen.
>
> In my own experience, these independent verifications generally pan
> out, and
> the issue of P value correction in the initial screen becomes a moot
> point. I am hoping
> an independent test of some sort is not out of the question.

Thanks for the pointers - yes, there will be a second, followup screen
and at this point I'm trying to decide whether we should reduce the
number of genes to look at using p-value correction or start of with a
larger pool (not doing correction) and use other information to then
reduce it.

Thanks,

Rajarshi Guha  <rajarshi.guha at gmail.com>
GPG Fingerprint: D070 5427 CC5B 7938 929C  DD13 66A1 922C 51E7 9E84