[BioC] bead-level data from Infinium methylation arrays

Mark Dunning mark.dunning at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 11:16:54 CEST 2009

Hi Tim,

Do you know what scanning software was used to create these bead-level
data? BeadScan or the newer iScan system? I'm wondering if the format
of the files has changed since we wrote readIllumina. When the object
'dat1' is created in readIllumina it assumes a set number of columns
in the bead-level text files (4,6 or 7) so if the number of columns is
something different then this dat1 object will not be created causing
the function to error.

Are you able to read in the .txt files and print out the first 10
lines so that I can see what columns there are in the file?

Regards,

Mark