[BioC] data normalization

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Tue Jul 21 14:56:21 CEST 2009

Hi Barbara,

Barbara Uszczynska wrote:
> Dear R-Users,
>
> I use home-made spotted arrays to do some research contected with alergies.
> The matrix consist of : 60% of the genes are up-regulated and 40% of genes
> that are down-regulated and spikes. I didn't use any genes with constant
> expression. How I should analyse this experiment?  According to statistics I
> should focuse on external spike  controls and compare all genes with spikes.
> It is two coulour experiment.  So I have to build quite complicated
> statistical model.  I'm not sure if it is a right pathway. What do you
> think?

I think two things:

First, asking the same question over and over will not endear you to the
listserv community, and will increase the likelihood that your posts
will simply be deleted by those who might help you.

Second, what you are asking for is statistical help in analyzing your
experiment rather than help using software. Since many of the people on
this list are practicing statisticians, what you are asking is for them
to do what they get paid to do for you for free. I would suggest that a
more reasonable approach is to find a local statistician to help you
with your analysis, as you are unlikely to get any (reasonable) help on
a listserv.

Best,

Jim

> Regards,