[BioC] Error "Specified environment does notcontain MoGene-1_0-st-v1"

Groot, Philip de philip.degroot at wur.nl
Thu Jul 23 12:43:02 CEST 2009

Hello all,

Another (valid) way to still use the affy library is utilizing the MBNI Custom CDF-files:

http://brainarray.mbni.med.umich.edu/Brainarray/Database/CustomCDF/11.0.1/entrezg.asp <http://brainarray.mbni.med.umich.edu/Brainarray/Database/CustomCDF/11.0.1/entrezg.asp>

The libraries "mogene10stv1mmentrezgprobe" and "mogene10stv1mmentrezgcdf" are compatible with the affy-library, although normalization methods that utilize mismatch probes (like gcRMA and MAS5) won't work. If you apply normalization (e.g. rma or vsn), be careful with what you'll get.

So you can load the .CEL-files as follows (after installing these libraries):

library(affy)
x <- ReafAddy(cdfname="mogene10stv1mmentrezg")

Annotation libraries for the most popular MBNI Custom CDF-files can be found here: http://nugo-r.bioinformatics.nl/NuGO_R.html

Regards,

Dr. Philip de Groot Ph.D.
Bioinformatics Researcher

Wageningen University / TIFN
Nutrigenomics Consortium
Nutrition, Metabolism & Genomics Group
Division of Human Nutrition
PO Box 8129, 6700 EV Wageningen
Visiting Address: Erfelijkheidsleer: De Valk, Building 304
Dreijenweg 2, 6703 HA  Wageningen
Room: 0052a
T: +31-317-485786
F: +31-317-483342