[BioC] Non linear intensities

David martin vilanew at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 17:25:25 CEST 2009

Hello,
I have a naive question. In my experiment i have computed different
standard curves for different genes.
I have noticed that my data is not following a linear pattern (sorry i'm
not statistician so don't know if this is the word).
For e.g
GENES	[1µg]	[2µg] [5µg] [10µg]
gene A	500	800	1800	3500
gene B	450	650	1700	3400
gene C	200	300	600	1300

As you can see the intensities are not as I would expect (there is no
linear intensity based on the concentration); Since my data shows that
there is a bias i would like to correct the data and adjust according.
For instance, i think there might be a coeffecient, which based on the
intensitiy would help to correct the intenstities. At the end if for a
gene X i find an intensity of 500 i could assume that it should higher
than that to have a 2 fold change and that it should probably be
somewhere around 1000.

Thanks for your help ??

thanks for your help.