[BioC] Statistics for next-generation sequencing transcriptomics

Michael Dondrup Michael.Dondrup at bccs.uib.no
Fri Jul 24 17:51:31 CEST 2009

Hi again,

I see the point now :)
  Just another idea, did you take the number of all reads sequenced as
a total, or the number of all reads successfully mapped to the genome/
reference sequence? What happens, when only the mapped reads are
counted?
I suspect that the choice of this could influence whatever method is
applied, because large fractions of unmapped reads (given there are
such) could -artificially?- increase the confidence in the result.

Michael