[BioC] What should be the output after processing a cel file?

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Fri Jul 24 19:43:01 CEST 2009

Hi Peng,

Peng Yu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I run the following command in R.
>
> library(oligo)
> data<-oligo::read.celfiles("some.cel")
> eset<-rma(data)
> write.exprs(eset, file="some.txt", sep="\t")
>
> It generate the file "some.txt". But I am not sure what it means. The
> content of some.txt is the following.
>
>         wt1-mth_HZ_5238_MST1_19385.cel
> 10344615        7.83088386872146
> 10344617        3.13300493228193
> 10344619        3.00984893419684
> 10344621        4.55830890064195
> 10344623        7.79420011157519
> 10344625        8.93864799064523
> 10344626        10.2404135279143
> 10344627        8.36493644804453
> 10344628        10.8239110733786
>

> I am wondering if I processed the cel file correctly. What does the
> first column mean?

The first column is the affy probeset ID. You can use the correct
annotation package to map these IDs to more conventional IDs, such as
Entrez Gene or Ensembl using the correct .db package. Had you noted what
chip this is, I might have been able to point you to the correct chip.
But you can peruse this webpage to find it:

http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/data/annotation/

Best,

Jim

> Regards,