[BioC] Limma lmFit function and spot quality weights

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Wed Jul 29 01:06:09 CEST 2009

Dear Benoit,

It doesn't seem to me to be desirable to place restrictions on the weights
that people can specify to lmFit.  In some cases it is desirable to be
able to make comparisons for probes with only one available sample per
group.

On the other hand, this does means that you are responsible for the
weights you create, and you may get poor results if you input weights that
are innappropriate for the data.

Best wishes
Gordon