[BioC] Errors using particular 'Affy' package functions

Vincent Carey stvjc at channing.harvard.edu
Wed Jul 29 15:15:33 CEST 2009

have a look at

http://www.bioconductor.org/docs/workflows/oligoarrays/

you will find the entry

Affymetrix Gene ST Arrays

oligo

    * Requires a pdInfoPackage built using pdInfoBuilder
    * This package collates cdf, probe, annotation data together
    * These packages are available from Bioconductor via biocLite()

xps

    * Requires installation of ROOT
    * Uses data files from Affymetrix (.CDF, .PGF, .CLF, .CSV) directly

specifically, if you go the oligo route,
you will need pd.hugene.1.0.st.v1 so that oligo read.celfiles will
work for import

the resulting object can be processed with oligo::rma

you may also find hugene1.0stprobeset.db or
hugene1.0sttranscriptcluster.db packages
useful for annotation.  have a look at the ArrayTools package as well.

Vincent Carey, PhD
Biostatistics, Channing Lab
617 525 2265