[BioC] problem installing Bioconductor

Robert Gentleman rgentlem at fhcrc.org
Thu Jul 30 01:50:20 CEST 2009

It looks like you might have defined your own function get (or someone
else did).  You could find out using something like find:
eg
 > find("get")
[1] "package:base"
 > get = function(x) x
 > find("get")
[1] ".GlobalEnv"   "package:base"

Notice I defined one - and now I get:
 > source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
Error in get(objname, inherits = FALSE) :
   unused argument(s) (inherits = FALSE)

removing my version of get makes this work again.

So perhaps you are restoring a saved R session when you start, or
something like that. Anyway, please read the posting guide and try to
follow the directions there, which ask for more details than you have
provided - then the rest of us have to guess less.

thanks
  Robert

David Millis wrote:
> I have installed R 2.9.1 in Windows Vista. I am trying to install
> Bioconductor using the install script on the Bioconductor web site:
>
>> source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
>

> However, I get an error message:
>
> "Error in get(objname, inherits = FALSE) :
>
>   Unused argument(s) (inherits = FALSE)"
>

> I got the same error message using R 2.7.0. I have not had other problems
> using R 2.7.0 or R 2.9.1 in Vista.
>

> Can anyone help explain what I might be doing wrong?
>

> Thanks -
>
> David Millis.
>

> 	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Robert Gentleman, PhD