[BioC] PreProcess and Limma 'done'. What directions now?

john seers (IFR) john.seers at bbsrc.ac.uk
Thu Jun 11 13:02:52 CEST 2009

Hi Massimo

You are probably reading too much into what I said. I was just trying to
say to you that you can combine your annotation information with the
Affymetrix probes and the limma output. And Vincent gave you information
on how you can search the annotation data.

>>What I would like to do here is to ask questions like "what happened
to this
>>and that particular gene"?

Without this question being more definite it is not easy to predict what
you need to do. What I was saying is you can search on your expression
values by Affymetrix probe (or Annotation id), or on your toptables, to
extract any gene or genes of interest. That defines what has happened to
this and that particular gene. What you want to do further is an open
question.

Are you asking how to search for a gene in a toptable? Something like:

geneofinterest<-"myaffymetrixprobe"
myrows<-which(mytoptable[, "correctcolumnname"] == geneofinterest)
mygeneofinterest<-mytoptable[myrows,]

Sorry if I do not understand what you need to know.

Regards

John