[BioC] help ! microarray 3d smoothed surface plot

Vincent Carey stvjc at channing.harvard.edu
Mon Jun 15 16:30:25 CEST 2009

KernSmooth is an R recommended package, probably in your R
without further action.  do library(KernSmooth); example(bkde2D)
to see how that 2D smoother works.  there are many tools for doing
spatial analysis and smoothing in R and you should check CRAN
task view on spatial data methods for other ideas.

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 4:05 AM, Giulio Di
Giovanni<perimessaggini at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi I have a series of microarray intensities with coordinates, and i have to plot them on a 3D graph.
>
> I tried with a simple persp() plot but the result is not good, the peaks are too steep. I've read that a good thing is to smooth the surface:
>
> could anybody suggest me a method or a package that is able to do it ?
>

> Thanks in advance,
>

> Giulio

Vincent Carey, PhD
Biostatistics, Channing Lab