[BioC] build a chromLocation object for SNP locations, not genes

Paul Shannon pshannon at systemsbiology.org
Fri Jun 26 21:18:54 CEST 2009

I wish to build a chromLocation object and display it with geneplotter.

However, I am not interested in gene locations.  Instead, I want to
examine the density and distribution of SNPs across a chromosome.  So
I begin with simple chromosomal locations for many SNPs.

I found some documentation; 'How to Assemble a chromLocation Object'
seemed especially promising.  But it turns out that this is
specialized on buiding a chromLocation object from a data package (in
this case, hu6800.db).

Can I get some guidance on building a chromLocation object from
scratch, starting with just a set of SNP coordinates?

Thanks,

  - Paul