[BioC] From eSet to AffyBatch Object

Boris Umylny umylny at apbri.org
Tue Mar 3 05:50:20 CET 2009

Hi,

I am working with affy library from Bioconductor 2.3.

The library contains functions (hist, image and boxplot) that work directly on
AffyBatch object, but apparently not on ExpressionSet/eSet object.  After I
use rma, expresso or mas5 to do background correction and normalization I get
an eSet object, which appears to be incompatible with these functions.  If I
call hist(exprs(e)), where e is an ExpressionSet object, I get a plot of the
first array only.

Is there a Bioconductor library (other than geneplotter which apparently does
not) that provides these functions on eSet/ExpressionSet object?

Is there a way to get an AffyBatch object from eSet object to make use of
these functions?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely,

Boris Umylny