[BioC] question about QCReport

Saroj Mohapatra smohapat at vbi.vt.edu
Wed Mar 4 19:43:35 CET 2009

Hi Yan:

Although we talked offline, I am responding to your message here.

It would be nice if you send the output of sessionInfo() and the code
that can reproduce the error.

Looking at the function QCReport
 > QCReport
function (object, file = "AffyQCReport.pdf", ...)
{
    pdf(file = file, width = 8, height = 11, onefile = TRUE)
    plot.window(c(1, 1), c(0, 1))
    plot.new()
    titlePage(object)
    signalDist(object)
    plot(qc(object))
    borderQC1(object)
    borderQC2(object)
    correlationPlot(object)
    dev.off()
    return(TRUE)
}

Your error comes from qc(object). If you can re-run the code without the
line plot(qc(object)), you would get the other results.

Another thing to note is that poplar annotation is not available at
bioconductor. Looking at
http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/data/annotation/, there is
a poplarcdf and poplarprobe but not a poplar.db. This post on bioc
mailing list in 2007 describes the difficulty in building a poplar
annotation package. Perhaps the same problems apply even now.

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.science.biology.informatics.conductor/11810/match=poplar

Good luck.

Saroj