[BioC] LIMMA, behaviour of 'lmFit': warnings

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Thu Mar 5 23:09:54 CET 2009

Dear Jose,

The warning from lmFit was introduced a while ago (a year or so) as a
result of a user request on this mailing list.

The warning is to remind people that, when some of the coefs for a
particular probe become NA but others are estimable, the interpretation of
the remaining coefs is changed for that probe.  This is an unavoidable
characteristic of missing values.

I agree the warning doesn't make sense when the coefs are either all NA or
all estimable, as in your example below.  I'll fix that.

Best wishes
Gordon