[BioC] 2 sample t test using xps package

cstrato cstrato at aon.at
Wed Mar 11 00:08:33 CET 2009

Dear Yonghong

Option "group=" must contain group indices in the order of the
treenames. This option cannot be used to select treenames. However, you
can do the following:

Suppose, your rma normalized ExprTreeSet is called "test.rma". Then you
can create a subset using function "root.expr()". Simply add only those
treenames which you want to use for further analysis.

You can get the tree names using:
 > treenames <- unlist(treeNames(test.rma))

Regarding your second question, here are two examples:

 > hithreshold=c(10.5,80.0,"percent")
This means that at least 80% of the samples must have a log2 value <=
10.5 for each probeset to be included in further analysis.

 > lothreshold=c(6.0,0.02,"mean")
This means that only those probesets will be included for further
analysis, where the trimmed mean "mean(x, trim=0.02)" of the log2 values
for all samples is >= 6.0

I hope that this could answer your questions.

Best regards
Christian