[BioC] Agi4x44PreProcess for miRNA data

Marten Jäger marten.jaeger at charite.de
Wed Mar 11 11:47:25 CET 2009

Hi Yong, hi Petro,

thanks for your replies. I did as Yong suggested. Removed the stop point
for "Sequence and chr_coord" and additionally set
"dd$genes=ddaux$genes[,c(4:8)]" like Petro said. This way the data reading
works.
Unfortunately the mapping (due to a missing annotation database) as the
filtering doesn't work (I know that this isn't the right annotation
package):

> ddFILT = filter.probes(ddNORM, control = TRUE, wellaboveBG = TRUE,
isfound = TRUE, wellaboveNEG = TRUE, sat = TRUE, PopnOL = TRUE,
+ NonUnifOL = T, nas = TRUE, limWellAbove = 75, limISF = 75, limNEG = 75,
limSAT = 75, limPopnOL = 75, limNonUnifOL = 75,
+ limNAS = 100, makePLOT = F, annotation.package = "mgug4122a.db",
flag.counts = T, targets)
FILTERING PROBES BY FLAGS

FILTERING BY ControlType FLAG
Error in data.frame(PROBE_ID, as.character(probe.chr),
as.character(probe.seq),  :
  arguments imply differing number of rows: 11540, 0

So I tried to modify the line in the source code by removing all sequence
related lines in the "write.control.out"-function:

#probe.seq=ddFILT$genes$Sequence
result=data.frame(PROBE_ID,as.character(probe.chr),
	as.character(GENE_ID),
	as.character(gene.sym),as.character(gene.num),
	as.character(gene.des),values)
colnames(result)=c("PROBE","Probe Chr-Coord",
	"ACCNUM","SYMBOL","ENTREZID","DESCRIPTION",paste(g2,g1,sep=" - "))

But I still get the above error. Did I miss something or did I look in the
wrong function?

Thanks.

Marten