[BioC] Biomart Error

steffen at stat.Berkeley.EDU steffen at stat.Berkeley.EDU
Thu Mar 12 23:20:03 CET 2009

Hi Becky,

You query will work if you update biomaRt and use the developmental version.
You can download it from here:

http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.4/bioc/html/biomaRt.html

You also need to specify what filter you are using, this seem to be
missing in your query.

Once you've updated biomaRt try:

ensembl<-useMart("ensembl", dataset="hsapiens_gene_ensembl")

#use list filters to list the filternames
listFilters(ensembl)

#then do you query using the correct attribute and filter name

myGetBM <- getBM(attributes=c("refseq_dna_predicted","ensembl_gene_id"),
filter="refseq_dna_predicted",values=genes, mart=ensembl)

Cheers,
Steffen