[BioC] No degree of freedom in maanova

Marcelo Laia marcelolaia at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 14:49:56 CET 2009

2009/3/13 Kim Kultima <kim.kultima at medsci.uu.se>:
> Dear Marcelo,
>
> I have read your thread in Biocunductor concering no degree of freedom in
> maanova in factorial designs. I have the exact problem you describe in the
> tread. In the last thread I see that you solved the problem:
>
> I already solve that problem. I found that is possible to do the
> analysis step-by-step (with interactions and without interactions -
> for main effects).
>

> Does this mean that you solved the problem by analysing first main effects,
> followed by interaction effects, separately?
> Is that ok to do?
>
> Do you know why this problem appear in maanova?
>
> I hope you have the time to answer my questions.
>
> Regargs,
>
> Kim Kultima

Dear Kim,

Yes, I did the analysis step-by-step and I solved the problem by
analyzing first main effects, and after followed by interaction
effects.

I don't know why this problem appear in maanova. Sorry!

May be someone, with more expertise, in the Bioconductor mailing list
could be help us in these issues.

I hope this help you.

Best Regards

--