[BioC] building a new annotation

Hervé Pagès hpages at fhcrc.org
Fri Mar 13 23:14:31 CET 2009

Hi Gabor,

Thanks for writing this document and sharing it. It's amazing that you've
figured out how to make your own AnnDbBimap-based annotation packages using
an entirely new db schema. You've also managed to define maps with a lot of
right attributes (miRNATargetAnnDbBimap and miRNAAnnDbBimap classes) and
to write appropriate "as.list" methods for them. Kudos for that!

Let me just mention that yes you can make multiple inserts with a single
SQL statement with RSQLite by using a "prepared query". See this post
from Seth Falcon on the R-sig-DB mailing list for how to do this:

   https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-db/2006q4/000234.html

This will make the "Put the data into the tables" step much much faster!

Cheers,
H.

--
Hervé Pagès