[BioC] network analyses on genes or probesets

Markus Schmidberger schmidb at ibe.med.uni-muenchen.de
Mon Mar 16 17:12:59 CET 2009

Hi all,

I am using affymetrix microarray data. In the raw data I have probes.
After preprocessing (background correction, normalization and
summarization) I have probesets. Now I can use the annotation packages
(e.g. library(hgu133a.db)) to get the assignment between probesets and
genes.

Are there any functions, methods (median, mean,...), literature how to
combine probesets to genes?

I want to run some network analyses on gene level. Therefore I need some
kind of 'gene intensity'.

Thanks
Markus

--
Dipl.-Tech. Math. Markus Schmidberger

Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München
IBE - Institut für medizinische Informationsverarbeitung,
Biometrie und Epidemiologie
Marchioninistr. 15, D-81377 Muenchen
Mail: Markus.Schmidberger [at] ibe.med.uni-muenchen.de
Tel: +49 (089) 7095 - 4497