[BioC] Sheep samples measured with a Affymetrix bovine array

Mattias Bair mattias.bair at gmx.at
Thu Mar 26 09:04:50 CET 2009

Hi BALA!

My first idea was to get the gene name of the over- or underexpressed probes with the bovineACCNUM map of the bovine.db package and use those names to make a query with following tool http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/genome/seq/BlastGen/BlastGen.cgi?taxid=9940&db=oar_refm&pgm=xmbn&EXPECT=2&DESCRIPTIONS=3&ALIGNMENTS=3&OTHER_ADVANCED=-G%205%20-E%202

Another idea was to get the probe sequences with, e.g.

bovineprobe$sequence[bovineprobe$Probe.Set.Name == "Bt.9985.1.S1_at"]

from the bovineprobe package and use those sequences to make the same query as above. But since the over- and underexpressed genes are a lot it would be a little bit time consuming to make all the queries per hand. Do you have an idea how to solve this problem or do you have a better strategy to get a value how valid the results are for the sheep samples?

Thanks.

-------- Original-Nachricht --------