[BioC] Normalize data across platforms

michael watson (IAH-C) michael.watson at bbsrc.ac.uk
Tue Mar 31 13:49:05 CEST 2009

Hi Steve

Quantile normalisation is a very conservative normalisation, and there are fears in some quarters that it may lead to over-normalisation.  However, as you're comparing between datasets, this may be what you're after.

Alternatively, have you considered using "housekeeping" or control genes?  These should be constant across arrays, experiments etc (if you believe in them) and so could provide a good normalisation factor.

Mick