[BioC] installation of Rgraphviz

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Fri May 1 18:33:19 CEST 2009

Kasper Daniel Hansen wrote:
> Ravi
>
> Just for reference for future problems: how did you know that it could
> not find libcdt-4.dll. That was not mentioned in the error message you
> copied and pasted (and had we known that, the diagnosis would have been

The error message printed in R should be interpretted as either 'I am R
and I tried to load Rgraphviz.dll, and I failed', or 'I am Rgraphviz.dll
and I tried to load a dependency of mine, and failed'. Since R has
control over Rgraphviz installation, the usual suspect turns out to be
the dependency-of-Rgraphviz. The content of the dialog box is of course
helpful in hind sight.

Having been helpful (hopefully!) on that front, I'll spread
mis-information by noting that I think libcdt-4.dll (and the other
graphviz dlls) seem to be renamed with a certain amount of enthusiasm;
this makes it essential that Rgraphviz is loaded (and checks that for
same) with the same version of graphviz that it was built with.

Martin