[BioC] Stange message with getOption("device") in OSX

"M. Gonzalo Claros Díaz" claros at uma.es
Mon May 18 16:07:09 CEST 2009

Hallo people,

I have just updated my R to v2.9.0 in my OSX and I have obtained an
strange message. When I try to get which is my device with the command
that worked fine previously

	getOption("device")

I get very strange "device". I get the following "code" instead of a
variable:
function (title, width, height, pointsize, family, fontsmooth,
     antialias, type, file = NULL, bg, canvas, dpi)
{
     new <- list()
     if (!missing(title))
         new$title <- title
     if (!missing(width))
         new$width <- width
     if (!missing(height))
         new$height <- height
     if (!missing(pointsize))
         new$pointsize <- pointsize
     if (!missing(family))
         new$family <- family
     if (!missing(fontsmooth))
         new$fontsmooth <- fontsmooth
     if (!missing(antialias))
         new$antialias <- antialias
     if (!missing(bg))
         new$bg <- bg
     if (!missing(canvas))
         new$canvas <- canvas
     if (!missing(type))
         new$type <- type
     if (!missing(dpi))
         new$dpi <- dpi
     if (!checkIntFormat(new$title))
         stop("invalid 'title'")
     if (!is.null(file) && !checkIntFormat(file))
         stop("invalid 'file'")
     d <- check.options(new, name.opt = ".quartz.Options", envir
= .Quartzenv)
     .External(CQuartz, d$type, file, d$width, d$height, d$pointsize,
         d$family, d$antialias, d$fontsmooth, d$title, d$bg, d$canvas,
         if (is.na(d$dpi)) NULL else d$dpi)
     invisible()
}
<environment: namespace:grDevices>

Of course, option("device") returns the same message, although the
rest of the options() are fine. And I can of course open x11() and
quartz() graphics windows without any problem

Can someone explain why I have not the right answer?

Gonzalo

$> sessionInfo()
R version 2.9.0 (2009-04-17)
i386-apple-darwin8.11.1

locale:
es_ES.UTF-8/es_ES.UTF-8/C/C/es_ES.UTF-8/es_ES.UTF-8

attached base packages:

«Donde me he equivocado, soy el único responsable; donde no,
el mérito es de los que me han ayudado»
M. Gonzalo CLAROS                                  claros at uma.es
Dpt. Biología Molecular y Bioquímica
Facultad de Ciencias                      Fax: (+34) 95 213 2041
Universidad de Málaga                Tel: (+34) 95 213 7284/7653
E-29071 Málaga (Spain)               http://www.bmbq.uma.es/fmp/