[BioC] problem with biocLite("Biobase") -- results in looping of download

Cei Abreu-Goodger cei at ebi.ac.uk
Tue May 19 10:20:43 CEST 2009

Maybe related... (probably not, though)

I had some problems with "looping" biocLite install errors, after a new
R install.

The R --vanilla didn't work, but what did work was to simply rename my
~/.Rprofile

Apparently at some point during the install R is called to install
packages, and at that point my .Rprofile was being loaded and it would
complain that Biobase wasn't already installed.

Cheers,

Cei