[BioC] "GOstat" package not installing

Thu May 21 15:57:03 CEST 2009

Hi Ashwin,

On May 21, 2009, at 3:04 AM, Ashwin Kumar wrote:

> Hello group ,
>
> I am still having problems with installing the GOstats package & its
> not a
> typo error ... I am pasting my workspace image along with the error it
> shows:

So it looks like GOstats actually isn't your problem (yet, anyway) and
the real problem is that installing the XML library is failing on your
system. See:

> * Installing *source* package ‘XML’ ...
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking for suffix of executables...
> checking for sed... /bin/sed
> checking for xml2-config... no
> Cannot find xml2-config
> ERROR: configuration failed for package ‘XML’
> * Removing ‘/home/mlscub1/R/i486-pc-linux-gnu-library/2.9/XML’

Once XML fails, the packages that depend on it fail to load, and you
get the cascading errors you're experiencing now. So, let's try to
sort that out first.

The System Requirements section on the CRAN page for XML[1] says it
requires libxml2 (>= 2.6.3). By the looks of your errors, your
system's inability to find "xml2-config" suggests libxml2 isn't
installed.

Could you (or get your sysadmin to) try to use whatever package
manager your linux distro uses to install libxml2 and then try your
biocLite install again?

-steve

[1] XML Package: http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/XML/index.html

--
Steve Lianoglou
Graduate Student: Physiology, Biophysics and Systems Biology

http://cbio.mskcc.org/~lianos