[BioC] onechannelGUI error

rcaloger raffaele.calogero at gmail.com
Wed May 27 21:39:58 CEST 2009

>Hi!
>I am trying to install the onechannelGUI mainly for exon array analysis.
>I am using R 2.8.0. I have followed the instructions described in
>http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/2.4/bioc/html/oneChannelGUI.html
>When I try to load exon arrays appears the following error:
>Gene level probe sets summary started
>Read 10 cel files from: target5f906952
>FATAL ERROR: .\TsvFile\TsvFile.cpp:2352: open: Could not open file:
>'C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-28~1.0/library/oneChannelGUI/affylibs/' to read.
>I would appreciate your help,
>Best wishes,
>Pedro
Dear Pedro,
in order to calculate intensity summary for gene/exon probesets oneChannelGUI uses apt tools.
oneChannelGUI prepares a command line to be executed by the system function to run apttools.
It seems to me that the tilde in the path is probably creating some problem in the line command.
Probably you can solve the problem installing R in C:/ to avoid the tilde in the path.

However, could please open again oneChannelGUI and, in the main R windows, write the following code:
affylmGUIenvironment$aptDir
affylmGUIenvironment$libDirLocation
sessionInfo()

You can find me tomorrow morning on skype raffaele.calogero and we can fix the problem.
Cheers
Raffaele

Prof. Raffaele A. Calogero
Bioinformatics and Genomics Unit
Dipartimento di Scienze Cliniche e Biologiche
c/o Az. Ospedaliera S. Luigi
Regione Gonzole 10, Orbassano
10043 Torino
tel.   ++39 0116705417