[BioC] Analysing Human Gene ST 1.0 Arrays with oligo and, oneChannelGUI yield different number of probesets

rcaloger raffaele.calogero at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 14:30:03 CET 2009

Dear Javier,
oneChannelGUI uses apt tools for intensity summarization. In version 2.4 of Bioconductor gene-level expression
was calculated using HuGene-1_0-st-v1.r3.mps file. In version 2.5 of Bioconductor it uses
HuGene-1_0-st-v1.r4.mps
Cheers
Raffaele

>Dear list,
>Some time ago I analysed a set of Human Gene ST Arrays with
>oneChannelGUI. Now I'm trying to reproduce the results using oligo
>package but I am quite surprised with the results obtained. With oligo
>package, after preprocessing with rma, the number of probesets are
>253002 while with oneChannelGUI the number of probesets are 33297, and
>the CEL files are the same!!!
> truncated

Prof. Raffaele A. Calogero
Bioinformatics and Genomics Unit
Dipartimento di Scienze Cliniche e Biologiche
c/o Az. Ospedaliera S. Luigi
Regione Gonzole 10, Orbassano
10043 Torino
tel.   ++39 0116705417