[BioC] Is there anyway I can write out data similar to reading them using read.maimages?

Ruppert Valentino ruppert7 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 2 14:41:38 CET 2009

Hello,

I have big agilent files to deal with and want to know if there is a way to collapse them by reading them and writing out the maimages but with the fields I am after.

The script I used to read them are as follows :

targets <- readTargets("TargetsTest.txt",sep="\t")

RG <- read.maimages(targets$FileName, source = "agilent", names=targets$Description, columns= list(R = "rProcessedSignal", G = "gProcessedSignal", Rb = "rBGUsed", Gb = "gBGUsed"), annotation = c("FeatureNum","Row","Col","ProbeName","ControlType","GeneName","Description","SystematicName"))

there is no function called write.maimages but is there something similar that would take the RG attributes and write them out so they can be read later using read.maimages?

thanks