[BioC] GSEA test by gene permutation instead of phenotype permutation

Yuan Hao yuan.hao at ucd.ie
Tue Nov 3 12:41:23 CET 2009

Dear list,

I know there is a gseattperm() function available in the Category
package used to perform GSEA test on two group of samples. The
permutation is based on phenotype labels of the samples. I am
wondering is there a similar function can be used to do the same test,
but based on the permutation of genes because I have a very small
number of samples ( 6 samples in total for two phenotypes ( 4 versus
2) ). If not, may I get around this problem by transposing my data set
to use the gseattper() by permuting on genes? Thank you very much in
advance!

Kind regards,
Yuan