[BioC] biomaRt * search

Steffen at stat.Berkeley.EDU Steffen at stat.Berkeley.EDU
Thu Nov 5 20:16:32 CET 2009

Hi Paul,

The * symbol is not usable in your biomaRt query.  But you could do the
following:

library(biomaRt)
ensembl = useMart("ensembl", dataset = "hsapiens_gene_ensembl")
hgnc=getBM(attributes = c("hgnc_symbol", "ensembl_gene_id"),
filters="with_hgnc", values=TRUE,mart=ensembl)

hgnc[grep("PDE", hgnc[,1]),]

this should give you:

    hgnc_symbol ensembl_gene_id
440         PDE6B ENSG00000133256