[BioC] Error using makeGeneRegion/getBM/listFilters, argument 'what' contains an invalid value: type

Steffen at stat.Berkeley.EDU Steffen at stat.Berkeley.EDU
Wed Nov 11 17:49:57 CET 2009

Hi Tejal,

Ensembl 46 is to old and there have been some major changes since for
biomaRt to work with it.  Would a more recent ensembl archive work for
you?
For example Ensembl 54 is NCBI36 and might be what you were looking for
unless you have another reason to specifically want Ensembl 46?
You can access Ensembl 54 like this:

> listMarts(host="may2009.archive.ensembl.org/biomart/martservice")
               biomart              version
1 ENSEMBL_MART_ENSEMBL           Ensembl 54
2     ENSEMBL_MART_SNP Ensembl Variation 54
3    ENSEMBL_MART_VEGA              Vega 35
4             REACTOME   Reactome(CSHL US)
5     wormbase_current   WormBase (CSHL US)
6                pride       PRIDE (EBI UK)
> ens54 = useMart("ENSEMBL_MART_ENSEMBL", dataset="hsapiens_gene_ensembl"
,host="may2009.archive.ensembl.org/biomart/martservice")
Checking attributes and filters ... ok

Cheers,
Steffen