[BioC] GSEAbase and limma

Javier Pérez Florido jpflorido at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 10:16:46 CET 2009

Dear Sunny,
Thanks for your reply regarding the use of parametric/nonparametric
statistical tests.
What I wanted to mean is the use of a "global" parametric test such
limma in the context of Gene Set Enrichment useful for finding
biological themes in gene sets. My question is if limma is suitable when
building groups of genes since eBayes function employs information from
ALL genes, rather than individual genes.... :-)

Javier