[BioC] Question on Interarray normalization

Anjan Purkayastha purkayas at wi.mit.edu
Thu Sep 10 00:26:44 CEST 2009

Hi,
I am sampling the transcript abundance for a virus during an infection
time-course.  At each time-point post-infection (say 0,1,2,4,8 hours)
viral RNA is isolated and hybridized to a tiling array.
Given the biology of the virus, I cannot assume that at each time-point
there are roughly equal numbers of up and down-regulated genes. Which
means that I cannot use quantile-quantile normalization to do any
interarray array normalization. What other normalization procedures can
I use in such a situation?
Thanks in advance,
Anjan

anjan purkayastha, phd
bioinformatics analyst
whitehead institute for biomedical research
nine cambridge center
cambridge, ma 02142

purkayas [at] wi [dot] mit [dot] edu
703.740.6939