[BioC] Array Set - Multiple Testing Problem

Mayer, Claus-Dieter c.mayer at abdn.ac.uk
Fri Sep 11 16:46:26 CEST 2009

Hello,

I might have misunderstood something, but assuming such an array set consists of k arrays, wouldn't it be the easiest to perform k normalizations and analyses which give you k lists of p-values for k (non-overlapping (I assume!?)) sets of genes.

To adjust for multiple testing you need to bind those k lists together to one long vector of p-values and apply p.adjust or whatever function is your favourite one.

This saves you from normalizing between arrays that have different genes on them etc. and seems very easy to do.

Claus