[BioC] lumi and Affy bgadjust

Pan Du dupan at northwestern.edu
Mon Sep 21 19:01:46 CEST 2009

Hi Parantu

The boxplot looks for me. Because of the higher variation in the low
expression range, VST transformation shrinks the values in this region,
which is also reflected in the boxplot. A following up normalization is
required after VST transformation. As for which normalization method to use,
it also depends on the data set and the purpose of the study.
Hope this is helpful to you.

Pan