[BioC] flowjo export/concatenate and flowCore

Nishant Gopalakrishnan ngopalak at fhcrc.org
Thu Sep 24 19:51:12 CEST 2009

Hi Tiffany,

What exactly does the concatenate function in flowJO do ?.

If the function is  indeed combining two files and the problem is
created by a mis formatted header  created by the concatenate function,
would it not be possible to export them as single FCS files from flowJo
and then combine them in flowCore ?.

It is possible to create flowFrame objects using  the constructor for
flowFrame, if you were to read in the matrix from a txt file
(using read.csv or read.delim   etc.) into the exprs slot  and supply
the appropriate arguments for the parameters
and description slots.

‘ new("flowFrame",’
     ‘ exprs = ...., Object of class matrix’
     ‘ parameters = ...., Object of class AnnotatedDataFrame’
     ‘ description = ...., Object of class list’
     ‘ )’

Nishant