[BioC] Snp matching

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Tue Sep 29 19:01:28 CEST 2009

Mohamed Lajnef wrote:
> Dear  Martin & Hans,
>
> gene not gene1 sorry for the mistake! yes i  am sure about this gene
> (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?db=gene&cmd=search&term=sam),

You shouldn't be sure about it. There are no Homo sapiens entries from
that search. So you are either using the wrong org.Xx.eg.db package or
you are looking for the wrong gene symbol.

Adding homo sapiens removes all the SAM entries:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=gene&Cmd=DetailsSearch&Term=sam+AND+homo+sapiens

This search probably returns the gene you are looking for:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=gene&Cmd=DetailsSearch&Term=S-adenosylmethionine+AND+homo+sapiens

Which is where Hans was directing you.

Best,

Jim