[BioC] GEOquery

Zhu, Julie Julie.Zhu at umassmed.edu
Thu Apr 1 00:07:32 CEST 2010

Hi,

First of all I would like to thank the developers for developing such a
useful package!

I downloaded a dataset using GEOquery package successfully as following.
However, I could not convert it to eSet or get metadata out of it. Could you
please let me know what I did wrong and how to proceed? Thanks so much for
your help!

Best regards,

Julie

 > gds <- getGEO('GSE6547')
Found 1 file(s)
GSE6547_series_matrix.txt.gz
trying URL
'ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/pub/geo/DATA/SeriesMatrix/GSE6547/GSE6547_series_mat
rix.txt.gz'
ftp data connection made, file length 1739964 bytes
opened URL
downloaded 1.7 Mb

File stored at:
/tmp/RtmpaOAhXo/GPL200.soft

>eset <- GDS2eSet(gds, do.log2 = TRUE)
Error in function (classes, fdef, mtable)  :
  unable to find an inherited method for function "Meta", for signature
"list"

> Meta(gds)
Error in function (classes, fdef, mtable)  :
  unable to find an inherited method for function "Meta", for signature
"list"
> Table(gds)
Error in function (classes, fdef, mtable)  :
  unable to find an inherited method for function "Table", for signature
"list"
> Columns(gds)
Error in function (classes, fdef, mtable)  :
  unable to find an inherited method for function "Columns", for signature
"list"