[BioC] GEOquery

Sean Davis seandavi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 00:38:28 CEST 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 6:07 PM, Zhu, Julie <Julie.Zhu at umassmed.edu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First of all I would like to thank the developers for developing such a
> useful package!
>
> I downloaded a dataset using GEOquery package successfully as following.
> However, I could not convert it to eSet or get metadata out of it. Could you
> please let me know what I did wrong and how to proceed? Thanks so much for
> your help!
>
> Best regards,
>
> Julie
>
>  > gds <- getGEO('GSE6547')

Hi, Julie.  Thanks for the kind words.

gds is a list:

class(gds)
names(gds)

gds[[1]]

You asked for a GSE record with GSEMatrix=TRUE, so the default is to
return a list of ExpressionSets; see the help for getGEO().  The list
is due to some oddities of the GSE Matrix format that limits each GSE
Matrix file to 255 samples.

Hope that answers your question.

Sean