[BioC] load failed for 'Rlibstree'

Hervé Pagès hpages at fhcrc.org
Thu Apr 8 21:44:58 CEST 2010

Hi Paul,

Seth Falcon wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> On 4/8/10 10:21 AM, Paul Shannon wrote:
>> While working my way through the rtracklayer pdf, I get stuck when
>>
>>    library (microRNA)
>>
>> tries to load Rlibstree, with this error message:

>>    Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
>>      unable to load shared library
>> '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/Rlibstree/libs/x86_64/Rlibstree.so':
>>

>> dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/Rlibstree/libs/x86_64/Rlibstree.so,
>> 6): Symbol not found: _lst_alg_longest_repeated_substring
>>     Referenced from:
>> /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/library/Rlibstree/libs/x86_64/Rlibstree.so
>>
>>     Expected in: dynamic lookup
>>
>>    Error: package 'Rlibstree' could not be loaded
>>
>> The package is installed (version 0.3-2) on my OS X 10.6.3 MacBook.

Mmmh, isn't 10.6 the OS version for Snow Leopard? What output
is getOption("pkgType") giving you?
I suspect it is "mac.binary.leopard", which means that you are
installing the binaries we are producing for OS X 10.5 (Leopard).
Those binaries are currently built on pelham (Mac OS X Leopard
(10.5.8)):
   http://bioconductor.org/checkResults/2.5/bioc-LATEST/pelham-index.html
and some of them are apparently not compatible with Snow Leopard.

The good news is that we have plans to start building binaries for
Snow Leopard in the near future (we recently purchased new hardware
for this).

>> Any suggestions?  SessionInfo follows.
>
> Have you tried reinstalling?  I just did
>
> biocLite(c("microRNA", "Rlibstree"))
>
> And both packages load fine on my Mac where I'm building packages from
> source.

Yep. Installing from source will solve the problem in the mean time.

Cheers,
H.

--
Hervé Pagès