[BioC] Error GO.db package "term is not member of any ontology"

Ana Conesa aconesa at cipf.es
Fri Apr 9 14:50:09 CEST 2010

Dear all,

I am working with the package GO.db (version 2.3.5) to retrieve information
from GO terms and I find a large number of my GO IDs that apparently are not
in the database, i.e. I get the following error:

Error in getGOParents(x) : GO:0090153 is not a member of any ontology

But this term can be found at the Amigo site as "regulation of sphingolipid
biosynthetic process". And there are many more in this situation. I

is this a problem of GO database versions?. How could I find within R these
l"lost" terms?

Thank you in advance

Ana

--